Saturday, January 9, 2021

On Removing Trump

I've heard people arguing that impeaching Trump will instigate further violence.

I suppose I could make the argument for why we have to do it, regardless. Instead I'll throw something else out. 

Trump got banned from Twitter because he's already planning to try again. I don't know why he is going so far, but he truly seems to be acting as though it's the end of the world if he leaves power. 

What does that mean? Well, all the social media shutdowns makes it a lot harder to the massive callout for support the way we saw for the 6th (seriously, why was everyone so unprepared) but we're probably going to have further violence regardless. Maybe targeting the inauguration, maybe state capitals, I don't know. Hopefully the FBI is on it, and to a better degree than they were for the 6th.

But anyways, here's the thing - you're letting them set the pace.

If there's going to be a reaction, you might as well make sure it happens on your terms. 

Impeach the POS and get him out of there. 

They'll have less time to plot, less time to coordinate, and are less likely to come up with something even nastier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment