Saturday, January 16, 2021

QAnon, Followership, Etc.

A good thread addressing any QAnon who are doubting the path they're on.

Dealing with the many Americans who have gone down this path will be a challenge. From research I've seen, when dealing with the cognitive dissonance of a wrong prediction, many find some way to double down. (I wonder if it's some percentage, and if others quietly fade. My brother introduced me to a snowball compaction analogy that makes far too much sense. Some slough others get compressed further)

Anyways. I shared the link for this tweet in particular -

"I don't need you or want you to leave QAnon and become a follower of me. If you did then that's great but it's not the point. The point is that you're hurting yourself, and your family and friends by believing in this stuff and the hurt won't stop till you quit."

Yeah, I'm not so keen on having followers. Err, that's not quite right? I'd like to have people who respect my opinion and appreciate my input, but followers? Like what Trump has? People who turn off their brains, hang on my every word, and put gigantic flags on their trucks? 

Yeah, no. You'd have built me up to something I'm not, and put me on a pedestal. It's a standard impossible to meet. 

But trying to get people to stop sabotaging themselves? Trying to find a way to build a nation where everyone's basic rights are protected, without a paternalistic and overly powerful federal government (but one just powerful enough to get done what needs to be done)? 

I can talk all day about that stuff. And I hope my ideas spark something people can build off. 

Not agreement. Or followership. More like improv

No comments:

Post a Comment