Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Update

Work put out an email, seems a couple of coworkers had contact with someone who tested positive for Covid19 - said contact was on the fourth.

No names, ofc, so might not even have been in my building, but suddenly this minor not-even-really-a-cold could more plausibly be a mild version.

Makes me glad I've been 'social distancing'

No idea for sure, ofc. I debated, and finally decided to call the local hospital. I was pretty sure they'd tell me that they weren't going to test, which essentially they did, but I figured I'd at least check and make sure instead of assuming. 

News is - interesting. Trump finally seems to be taking it seriously (and ofc immediately claims he knew it all along, but whatevs).

There are still stories of people dismissing it, or going to crowded public places. 

For the most part, though, it now feels like a waiting game.

Edited to add:

My Little's birthday is this week, and she'd wanted to get together and make some shirts. I wound up calling to explain that I'm sorry, but I don't know think it's a good idea. Especially since she lives with her grandmother. Hopefully we'll be able to do something fun later, to make up for it.

Crappy time for a sweet sixteen. Especially since - although I'm very skeptical - I came across articles saying we might have to lock down for a year! Or more! 

No comments:

Post a Comment