Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Another Public Figure To Reevaluate

It's interesting how current events make me reevaluate public figures.

For example, Ted Cruz seemed like an elitist prick, but he self isolated over COVID-19, and actually acted better than I'd expected.

Tucker Carlson, and his interview (https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/03/tucker-carlson-on-how-he-brought-coronavirus-message-to-mar-a-lago?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsite-share&utm_brand=vanity-fair&utm_social-type=earned) is another one.

Still plenty I don't really agree with, but he makes some good points about how populism wouldn't be so appealing if there weren't some pretty big issues that aren't being fixed. 

I get why elites, experts, and the media are viewed with suspicion... I just think it's better to take them with a grain of salt, and not throw what they know out entirely. (and the way people who distrust the media are left vulnerable to disinformation illustrates the danger there.)

Its why I call myself an independent - Democrat or Republican, neither party does a good job of 'shepherding their flock'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment