Sunday, March 8, 2020

Coronavirus

This article matches my own analysis almost completely -

https://ryanavent.substack.com/p/difficult-times

And I so very, very badly hope that we're wrong. 

It seems so crazy to think, right now. To see the weather turn nice, people out and about, and feel this looming over us. 

I don't want to accept the conclusion. I want to essentially laugh about all this in another two weeks, or month...

But I also recognize that urge to dismiss things I don't want to hear. 

And right now, not so much because the disease is all that bad, but for the reasons listed here (slow response, little testing, community spread, a system that disincentivizes staying home sick) I think it's going to get bad.

Very, very, bad. 

And worse, unnecessarily so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment