Sunday, October 27, 2019

The Harvest

I was reading something today that reminded me, again, of a Bible quote -

"For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes." 

My reading was discussing the growth of, well, I'd call them radical reactionaries, since I don't think they actually hold to conservative values (like Russell Kirk's sixth canon, since they reject 'existing traditions and customs' they don't like.)

Anyways, I think we are seeing the fruit of that particular tree. I think they have to have a high degree of cognitive dissonance to look at the fruits of their labor and call it good... 

Too bad people are really good at finding ways to believe what they want to believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment