Monday, June 27, 2022

Musings On Voter Party Registration

Saw the article about how '1 million Americans switch registration to Republican', which right wing media is ofc running with...

I wanted more details on how or why they think that, because it's completely contrary to what I'm seeing (conservatives disgusted by Jan 6 and the Republicans supporting Trump regardless of his oath breaking, and choosing to leave the party).

And then it hit me...

I voted in my states primary last week, and I chose the Republican ballot (we're able to choose whichever day of) because frankly I wanted to vote against any candidate foolish enough to still tout their loyalty to Trump.

I'm not kidding when I say I'm a one issue voter this year. 

Anyways, I know why I did it... And it doesn't actually mean any real change in affiliation (which is independent, honestly, but I'll choose whichever party I want to vote in the primaries for)...

And in the midterms, I'll be pretty much voting against all Republicans who haven't publicly stood against Trump and his election lies.

That's not to say the other voters are thinking the same way I am...

Just that if they got that number from people switching the party they're registered with in the primaries, then it doesn't necessarily mean what they think it does. 

No comments:

Post a Comment