Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Jan 6 Hearings

I really liked Bowers' testimony today, especially when he said this - "You are asking me to do something against my oath, and I will not break my oath"

And it reminded me of just how frustrated I've been, ever since Jan 6, with the people downplaying what happened and acting like it was no big deal. (This is part of why I can't take seriously anybody talking about Trump in 2024. I mean, I guess journalists have to report it if he really does run... But Jan 6 should have made Trump dead in the water to all Americans. Even, if not especially, the supposed 'law and ordee' Republican party). 

I can not express how much it disgusts me that people still talk about Trump as though he didn't break his oath of office to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution. 

Even worse, the way so few of the 'powers-that-be' seem to even care about it. 

From openly plotting illegal behavior, to Ginny Thomas, to the lack of pressure for Trump to resign, to the unwillingness to impeach... 

It's pathetic. 

So it was nice to see Bowers care, and care deeply, about his oath and his duty to the Constitution. 

I'm sick of all the trolls and enablers and people trying to normalize what happened. 


No comments:

Post a Comment