Friday, September 11, 2020

Another Example

Given how close we are to an election, I'm aware of the political implications of stories like this

I don't really want to get into a debate on the stuff I'm sure people will judge purely because of their political affiliation, so I wanted to draw attention to some of the minor details that highlight - again - the very different world some people live in. 

Particularly this bit:

"What has the blowback been like for you?

A lot of doors did close to me. There were employers at dream jobs who I’d been speaking with at the time who just ghosted me because of the association with my dad. At the time I was studying really hard for the LSAT. I was working with a counselor who told me that I wasn’t going to get in anywhere because of it. Socially, friends I’d had my entire life were nervous to have me in their house. I was in a relationship at the time, and the private equity firm where he was going to work did a background check and I came up as what they deemed a “reputational hazard,” and he dumped me." 

A background check said she was a liability? Not even hers, but her boyfriend's? And regardless of what you think of her father, she wasn't the one in the public eye. What's all that fuss about media letting Chelsea and Barron not getting thrown into the limelight as children of famous people? At least most everyone heard of them... I hadn't really heard anything about Michael Cohen's daughter.


So, first... Being the daughter of someone infamous is enough for your boyfriend's place of employment to label you a reputational risk. I guess that's the way these people roll, but still... Cowards. 


Second, her boyfriend apparently broke up with her over this. Friends were worried about letting her in their house. Supposedly schools weren't going to admit her... 


Pathetic. 


They all sound pretty pathetic. 


And these are the people with wealth, power, and influence? No wonder the world is going to hell. 



No comments:

Post a Comment