Monday, January 6, 2020

Untitled

I had a bit of discussion on Twitter yesterday, and I'm sort of upset about some of what I'm seeing, so I figured I'd try typing it out here.

In college, I tried a variety of things. Tai chi. Ballroom dance. Hapkido. 

One of the things that stuck with me was that martial artists have options.

If someone attacks you have choices -

Block it. 
Hit back. 
Dodge it.
Move with it, make them overextend and lose their balance... And throw them, or put them in a joint lock, or whatever. 

Its easy to narrow your focus, get tunnel vision, and think it's binary... But it's generally not. 

So what disturbed me on Twitter was all these people acting like we only had two options - be weak and do nothing, or commit war crimes.

Like... We have a whole range of options. Do nothing, sure. Sanctions. Striking military targets. 

Why did so many people seem to jump straight to war crimes?

I cannot express how... Disappointed I am right now.

Because it's not just the President. It's all the people who support, enable, and encourage him. 

I find the ones claiming to be Christian to be the most offensive, personally. (Turn the other cheek, anyone? If you sit in silence for 10 minutes and are honest with yourself, do you really think Jesus wants this? It's insulting to all the good Christians I respected and admired that these people claim to speak on behalf of them, and Jesus, and God.)

But really, all of them, no matter what their reasoning, are enabling this. 

So much for the rule of law. 

So much for principles. 

So much for truth, justice, and the American way. 

Apparently, for some of us, those things are as strong as tissue paper. 

God help us all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment