Monday, January 6, 2020

and this just...

Wow.

Since I do try to hear other points of view, I figured I'd read an article with a headline indicating the left was overreacting on the war crimes but -

https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2020/01/war-crimes-hysteria-on-the-left.php

And, well, here's the thing. 

Trump clearly uses Twitter to float trial balloons, and then walkbacks or tries to find a 'legal' way to do things that don't go over well. 

I only had to see the back and forth of some of his earlier chaotic policy changes to figure that out (remember the whole 'banning Muslims' thing?)

So, sure, he hasn't actually committed a war crime. 

That is only because of the feedback he gets. 

If you don't make it crystal clear that it's NOT ok... Well, do you honestly think he'd rein himself in?

Which is pretty much why I wrote my previous post. 

We, as a people, need to send a clear message that it's a bad idea

So very, very, very bad. 

And I am disappointed that too many people are willing to blindly support him, to the point where they'll actually try to justify committing war crimes, instead of send that message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment