Thursday, January 9, 2020

No True Scotsman...

Wanted to share this -

https://thedispatch.com/p/the-rights-bullsht-problem

And clarify something, since I am guilty of a version of the 'no true Scotsman' declaration.

I like subverting the common argument. I have heard people on the right argue that 'no true Christian could support' X or Y, and it's wrong pretty much for all the reasons listed in this article.

And instead of writing a post like this, I like to change it up. Break out of the well worn treads in our minds, where people think they know exactly what you're going to say next when you say something like 'true Christian', or 'patriot', or whatever.

And I also want to make other points of course. Because the Bible has that whole bit about golden calves, and false idols, and being unable to serve two masters... 

And what if you can't serve God and follow Jesus and believe in a form of capitalism that allows corruption like in my previous article?

Who do you really follow?

No comments:

Post a Comment