Sunday, November 12, 2017

On Roy Moore

I haven't posted anything on this yet because a) I like stories to develop a bit before commenting, saves me from backtracking too much as new info comes out and b) most of what I'd say is pretty much what everyone else is saying.

Namely "WTF!?!"

I mean, I get innocent until proven guilty (and not trying someone in the court of public opinion), but the people trying to defend Moore just make him (and them) sound like there's no reason to doubt the accusations.  For example:

"Joel Pollak, an editor at Breitbart, appeared on MSNBC to argue that three of the four women's accounts had "no business" in the national news, because a 30-something Moore pursuing relationships with 16- to 18-year-olds was not inappropriate. "As far as we know, there's only one relationship that's been alleged that's problematic," Pollak said, referring to Moore's alleged sexual contact with a 14-year-old."

Umm, no.  A 30-something pursuing teenagers is just plain creepy.  It's definitely inappropriate. 

The Alabama Republican county chairs opinions were even worse! 

They seriously see nothing wrong here?!?

And I'm not even getting into Jim Ziegler's comments, which I agree with Stetzer were "simultaneously ridiculous and blasphemous."

SMH.

No comments:

Post a Comment