Tuesday, November 14, 2017

School Update

I'm preparing for a mid-term this evening.  This class only grades four things - a mid-term exam, final exam, and two projects.

On the one hand, it's kind of cool not to have quizzes and homework every week.  On the other hand, it's kind of scary to think that I'm over halfway through the semester and don't really have any idea what my grade will be.  Plus, if I flub this mid-term it'll be pretty darn hard to recover from it.

Then again, the professor says if you study and do the homework you tend to do well (regardless of whether your grade comes from two exams and two projects, or whether he assigns quizzes and homework every week).  And that seems like a credible claim to me, especially if the exams are open-note and open-book.

So anyways.  Mid-term tonight.  This class is on operating systems, and it's really rather interesting.  (To be fair, I think almost everything is interesting, so that's hardly much of a claim).  I wasn't aware of the trouble with race conditions before, or the Dining Philosopher's Problem

And next week I've got my third calculus exam, we've moved on to integration.  After Thanksgiving I'll be headed into the home stretch, with various end of semester projects and exams coming due. 


No comments:

Post a Comment