Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Gender Stuff

I liked this, but I don't think it told me much I didn't already know.

And on the one hand, I want to signal boost it for the people who don't.. But on the other hand, it seems almost impossible for anyone not to know these things unless they don't want to.

By which I mean that it's a lot easier to deny you have privilege (and whine about people claiming you have something you don't) than it is to actually look at the research, or listen to someone like this. Or even (if you don't want to believe a transgender woman) look at the story of the man who accidentally sent an email from his female employee's account, and saw enough of a difference in behavior that he decided to try working as her for an entire week.

It's like... The truth is out there. The real truth, not the stuff that let's you claim you're the one who's really the victim. It's out there, if you really want to know.

But it often challenges what you want to believe, and you have to care more about learning the truth than feeling comfortable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment