Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Argh

What will it take for these losers to accept defeat, anyway?

I use Facebook as sort of a barometer for what actually makes it out to the public (versus what everyone who obsesses over the news is talking about, much of which barely registers with the general public) and so far I'm not seeing a lot about Flynn's rather treasonous suggestion that something like the Myanmar coup (which he later walked back. I can't believe I actually served under him in Huachuca, because yeesh).

I'm also not seeing much chatter about Trump's idiotic claim that he'd be reinstated... Which is kind of reassuring because I don't think they have the numbers for whatever asinine stunt they try next. But it sure sounds like they'll still try.

Also, despite that.. I did see Trump 2024 flags flying when I visited the fam in Indiana, and I'm sure they're out here as well. The '2024' at least means they're still thinking he'll run again in the next presidential election, so he sti has far more support than I'd like. But not, I think, widespread support for anything beyond our normal political process. (it's there, I just think it's a smaller fraction of his support).

Also seeing a few memes on fb in support of him, but again... Not in support of something outside another election. And really it's remarkably quiet (though that can also just be that it's not an election year, and people are tired of it. Quiet doesn't mean that the sentiment isn't there).

Its all anecdotal, so take it for what it's worth. And given that these #$&$# still seem to be pouring money into their efforts at overturning the election (I hope they waste away their entire fortunes with nothing to show for it... Seriously? Why are they actively making the world worse?  How do they justify it to themselves? Is it 'the ends justifies the means' BS where they think God is on their side? Are they unable to separate their own self interest from what's best for the nation? Or are they really just short-sighted, greedy, and self-serving?)

Anyways. I wish I never had to hear from these fools again. Alas, they apparently won't go quietly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment