Sunday, February 17, 2019

Trump's National Emergency

I started reading this and discovered that it fit my understanding of the situation well, with even more detail on previous exercises in presidential power.

I hadn't heard some of it before (like the benefits of hypocrisy) and want to think about it further.

Still, I find the current situation disturbing and this article lays out a lot of the reasons why.

Edited to add: the Facebook conservatives I know has for the most part been quiet on the topic, which I choose to mean they're all uncomfortable with it. Except one. I normally don't bother responding to shared memes that are more about virtue signaling than anything else (pictures with some statement, shared with the intention of showing you agree and expecting everyone else to agree as well, not a signal of any interest in discussing the issue) but I made an exception here. It struck me as important to speak out against it. Anyways, he posted something else, I responded, and his last response was essentially saying Soros got Obama elected. I don't think there's much more to say after that. Maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment