Saturday, February 19, 2022

General Update

 I feel like I shouldn't post something without commenting on the current situation with Russia and Ukraine, but I also don't think I know enough to say much about it.

Other than that it sucks, and I sympathize with the Ukrainians. 

I suppose I also ought to mention that I did pass my AWS Solutions Architect certification. 

I am skimming the news, but have been rather frustrated/disappointed with so many things that I'm trying to limit my intake. 

It's just plain depressing. 

 I'll do what I can to make a difference. I'm not saying it's hopeless or anything, but it's not like the fools throwing money away in horribly destructive ways are going to change their minds if I blog about all the reasons I consider them short-sighted and foolish.

We'll just have to let them learn for themselves what a terrible idea it is, hopefully in a way that doesn't make too many innocent people suffer.

Anyways. The current international situation is tense, domestically some of these idiots are apparently planning another round of insanity in March (loosely based off the trucker convoy crap in Canada?), we seem to be on the downside of the omicron wave and I haven't yet heard of a new variant to really worry about...

So it's possible the pandemic will finally end (at least, in our part of the world. Between vaccine access and different rates of infection there will be other places around the world that still suffer) though we'll probably be dealing with the fallout for a while still.

I'm taking a break now that I have my SAP cert, but I'll probably start studying up for a COMPTIA Security or some other type of security certification after a short break.

Oh, and work is a bit more hectic these days due to some turnover and the need to train new people. 

Other than that, I'm escaping into fiction and will write a short blog post about that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment