Saturday, August 6, 2016

Wow.

So I saw an article on Facebook with a headline discussing class war and education.  I clicked on it expecting something about how elites will say that not everyone needs or should get a college education (true, I think)  while at the same time making sure their nearest and dearest still get one (in other words, this argument applies to all those 'other'  people, who shouldn't aspire to the top... But you and yours quite naturally deserve to be there and still should get the education- and the jobs, and social position that comes with it.)  I first heard something like this from one of the worst bosses I've ever worked for, so I can't say I think he really belonged in the tier he thought he deserved.

But as usual, I digress.  I did not expect this article, if accurate, to be what sounds like a hidden transcript of our dominant class.  One that starts off with such erroneous judgments that all the latter conclusions are suspect.  If this is true, no wonder 'the establishment' increasingly seems out of touch and clueless.

https://andrewgavinmarshall.com/2012/04/02/class-war-and-the-college-crisis-the-crisis-of-democracy-and-the-attack-on-education/

No comments:

Post a Comment