Monday, March 7, 2022

So There I Was...

Reading Kill It With Fire (for professional development reasons, natch) when I read this sentence "Artificial consistency means restricting design patterns and solutions to a small pool that can be standardized and repeated throughout the entire architecture in a way that does not provide technical value."

And it struck me... Isn't that a great desc of white supremacy?

They're trying to artificially restrict all sorts of patterns - who gets hired, what gets taught, etc - in a way that would be standardized throughout society, and it does not provide technical value. (I would say any value, really. But I suppose for the ones who think it benefits them there's gotta be something).

Okay, yes. I'm weird and that's a strange jump to make...

But it made the rest of that section really interesting to think about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment