Thursday, January 27, 2022

Work Update

I'll be taking the AWS Solutions Architect exam next week and have been studying for it...

But it really annoys me. I went ahead and scheduled it because of some work things, and to set an end date to work towards, but too many of the questions seem focused on the wrong thing. 

By which I mean this: AWS changes its offerings often enough that if I were in a position where I needed to provision something, I would look up the latest.

Whether it should be the Provisioned IOPS SSD or Throughput Optimized HDD will depend on the app and db needs, and once I get the info on my requirements I'll go look at the latest offerings to see what suits.

Its not like I won't have internet access if I'm doing stuff on the cloud. 

Too many of the questions are like that. It's good to know what sort of questions to ask, and in general what the possible solutions are... But even if I memorize all the answers today, I'd still look it up again if asked to advise on any of this six months ago. 

I am actually kind of sick of reading about ec2, and the different db types, and lambda and cloudfront and cloudwatch and s3 and route 53 and containers and key management and load balancers and the different types of connections and autoscaling groups and vpcs and the various gateways and all the rest. 

Well, hopefully I'll remember enough to pass. Then I can be done with it for a bit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment