Tuesday, December 14, 2021

Addendum

Mulled over a few more things, but work starts soon so I'm not sure when I'll come back to it. (started thinking about operations, and how some of the cabinets aren't naturally forced to work together to pull off a specific operation the way that unit deployments and field exercises force a military staff to.)

Regardless of whether I follow up on that, I found myself thinking of Woodrow Wilson's seminal piece on public administration.

Its interesting how he disliked monarchists, and felt that "In such governments administration has been organized to subserve the general weal with the simplicity and effectiveness vouchsafed only to the undertakings of a single will. . . ."

And basically argued that we can learn to use their better organized processes while Americanizing them and making them serve the public interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment