Thursday, August 26, 2021

Mad

I saw a post on Facebook, and initially passed it by the way I usually do when it's a bunch of people I don't agree with, but don't really know and don't see any good coming from trying to educate.

But it really bothered me, especially the more I think about it, so I'll vent here a bit.

The post was about Afghanistan, and given today's attack and the loss of life anger is reasonable. So no, I don't want to try and argue that everything is fine. It's not.

But some of the commenters were also talking positively about Trump, and here's the thing - 

Even aside from all the glowing promises he failed to deliver on (infrastructure, and Republicans had control of the Senate and House his first two years. The wall, where he stole money from the pentagon, the wall that's already falling down, and the wall that honestly was a lousy idea for reasons I posted about before - put up sensors and have a quick reaction force, and other such things, The fucking pandemic. Which even if you've fallen for the propaganda hard, you ought to remember he claimed would just 'disappear'. Oh, and the Kurds he abandoned.)...

Even if you ignore all of that, he fucking lied about the election. For MONTHS. And he's still lying!

He lied, and held a rally pretending that the vice president could change the results, on a day that should have been ceremonial, and the events on the 6th of Jan happened.

That right there should make anybody who actually cares about this country furious. It really boggles my mind that so many people want to just shrug and move on.

That undermined our entire system, and I'm sick and tired of people still acting like that PoS is worth supporting. Or even listening to.

Hate on Biden all you want. He's got a tough job to do and seems to be doing it as best he can, so I'm not really going to complain.

But you would have to find someone a helluva lot worse before I'd even consider Trump.

He should fade into obscurity and never be heard from again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment