Wednesday, July 14, 2021

On the Trump Post-mortems

I am doing my best to ignore the previous president. I think letting him fade into irrelevance is honestly the best thing (other than keeping tabs on their continued efforts to stir up trouble, and I really wish we'd gotten a bipartisan investigation into Jan 6th), so I wasn't sure I really wanted to read about the latest books on his administration.

But there's a quote here I wanted to address -

“(W)e have a base like no other. They’re very angry. That’s what happened in Washington on the sixth… I’ll bet you it was over a million people… Many, many people have told me that was a loving crowd. It was too bad, it was too bad that they did that.”

—Harry Siegel.

Because I'll tell you, his base is not the only one that's angry. And while I don't want to escalate anything (and lead to the domestic conflict some people seem hellbent on creating) I, and many others, are feeling exactly what Barr told him.


I'm tired of this shit. 

Biden won, and is in office, so it doesn't seem too relevant right now. But they'd better not start anything serious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment