Tuesday, September 24, 2024

Enshittification

It really does seem like online services are just getting worse and worse. 

People have talked plenty about Google, and Microsoft, and social media... And I don't know if it strictly fits the category but my latest exam is Amazon. 

I ordered something that was too small, but when I went looking into a way of exchanging or replacing it with a larger size, I went down a rabbit hole of links that didn't allow me to select that at all. 

I could return it, or replace it with the exact same thing, but could not replace it with the exact same thing but larger. 

I have to wonder if the same holds true for clothes? 

Then I went looking for some place I could mention the issue. Instead it was link after link sending me back to the process I already tried, and apparently there's no form where I could mention that. Anywhere. 

Guess customer service is a joke now 

No comments:

Post a Comment