Friday, May 1, 2020

Random Coronavirus Thought

A post reminded me that prominent christian conservatives have a tendency to claim bad things are a sign of God's wrath.

I tend to think this is bogus, and so I'm not really serious when I say this:

Since coronavirus impacts the elderly the most, and men more than women, then we really ought to ask what old men have done to offend God. 

Furthermore, since nations that use science, have a better social safety net (healthcare, unemployment, etc) are doing better than those that don't, one could also argue that God is mad at us for creating a system that utterly fails to take care of the least among us.

Given how the virus works, I think this is far more believable than their usual claim that it's our depraved, godless, homosexual-friendly society. 

No comments:

Post a Comment