Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Quick Update

Finally getting some movement on the job front, though like all too much of the time it goes from too little to... Well, I'm not sure I'd say too much, but I'll have some choices to make soon. Assuming I do well enough on the next few steps in the process.

One job is local (a plus, as I won't have to sell the house) and seems to be progressing quickly. During the phone interview they indicated I had a good shot, as long as a former employee (who would already know the ins and outs of their system) doesn't decide to come back.

The other would be a federal job, and closest to what I'm interested in. However, I'd definitely have to move and the hiring process is longer. My in person interview isn't for a couple of weeks, and I know any offer there would be conditional. I'd have to pass the background check to get my clearance reinstated, and who knows how long that would take. (I'd heard complaints before about how the long process of hiring people is a detriment, but this is the first time I've personally seen the effect.)

There's a third position that I will supposedly be hearing from a recruiter about this week. Remote, iirc, so again - bonus for not moving. Closer to my interests than the first, too. But, like, I haven't even heard from the recruiter yet. Just had some good interaction with the guy using the recruiter.

So, I dunno. After having so little interest for so long, it's kind of nice. But I don't really know what will happen. Assuming all three do or could lead to an offer, which one do I choose? And would I need to answer the first offer before I even know if I'll get an offer elsewhere?

If all goes well with the local interview, then do I just stop the hiring process for the federal job?

I suppose I'll just have to be patient - ugh - and deal with it as the situation develops.

No comments:

Post a Comment