Saturday, March 2, 2019

Russian Kill Switch

A better write up of the coming Russian Kill switch test. 

https://www.engadget.com/amp/2019/02/28/russia-putin-internet-kill-switch-cybersecurity/?__twitter_impression=true

My impression is that it's more about Russian domestic politics than anything else, though it doesn't hurt to consider what else could happen. Not even necessarily with Russia. In the back of my head I've been mulling over what the possibilities are in cyberspace. Most of what we've been seeing is more like criminal behavior, even if it's done by nation/state actors.

But I haven't really fleshed anything out on that yet. Still learning so much in the first place, you know?

Edited to add: I decided to add labels here (I tend to forget when sending out a quick link from my phone) and figured this article was worth including in the post. It's discussing how Moody is trying to incorporate cybersecurity into it's evaluation on how creditworthy an organization is.

No comments:

Post a Comment