Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Brigade (Political Social App), Update

Yet again, it's been a while since I posted here.  I started thinking about it...

Well, a couple of weeks ago I thought it would be interesting to try posting parables, but never got around to it.

More recently, I joined Brigade and had some thoughts I wanted to explore.  Brigade is a pretty new social media app, where you can post a position, choose to agree or disagree, and explain why.  It's in it's infancy, and definitely has some kinks to work out, but so far I'm enjoying it.

It means meeting people who are as interested in politics as I am, some of whom I can learn from and some of whom I can maybe contribute a bit of my experience to.

But...it's not so good at promoting discussions, you're kind of limited to agree/disagree and don't necessarily see the following remarks.  Not the best for an in-depth back and forth.

I read that the creators wanted to keep it simple, and I can see why.  I'm not sure they really should incorporate a forum or discussion board into the application.  But it would be a nice companion, a way of hashing out the nuances before selecting 'agree' or 'disagree'.


No comments:

Post a Comment